Welcome To The Questerre Energy HUB On AGORACOM

(Edit this message through the "fast facts" section)

Free

Hey guys,

Before I forget, I found this that was released today:

http://online.barrons.com/article/SB50001424053111903878204575564662552680710.html?mod=googlenews_barrons

Moving onto my question...I wanted to pose this question to everyone, but I think Brym might have some experience knowing this.

I wanted get an idea of what some of the break even costs are for these shale plays.

I know that the Barnett has some higher ones, BC has some higher ones with being away from markets and no infrastructure...well not at a huge level anyway.

The reason gas is down a lot is because inventories are going up because companies in the states are drilling to keep leases which are a lot shorter...there are already a few companies shutting down gas asset drilling and focusing on their oil because of depressed prices. And frankly it was nice to hear Encana say it'll stop growth because of price...I can only see this adding more and more to push the price up in the coming year. It works out great for us as full blown production won't be until 2013-2014 and having a higher price then will help.

Also, even if it is low, our advantage of close to markets and NYMEX premium will draw in even further drilling. QEC said it is focusing on getting a service industry set up in Quebec so that rigs will have lots of work and won't have to leave...this should considerably lower costs!

Any thoughts guys to what you think on this matter?

Thanks,

Rocco

Oct 21, 2010 01:36PM
Oct 21, 2010 02:51PM

Oct 21, 2010 05:10PM

Oct 22, 2010 02:28AM

Oct 22, 2010 09:31PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply