Welcome To The Questerre Energy HUB On AGORACOM

(Edit this message through the "fast facts" section)

Free

Oct 21, 2010 12:56PM

Oct 21, 2010 01:36PM
Oct 21, 2010 02:51PM

Oct 21, 2010 05:10PM

Thanks for bringing this up Rocco. So, I will post what I wrote the other day:

"However, once the government sets their mind on a policy, that’s it, it doesn’t change, with or without the people behind them, the policy moves forward. This is exactly what we’re seeing right now". And I'm glad you all comfirmed, cause it has been my impression too, after reading the papers I can follow the change:"theese quebeckers":)
I've also read gov. pages.It's not only Quebeck, it's national/canada. The national energy board makes the guidelines. They want to make money on this NG recource including shale. I read canada has:" New Opportunities
CSUG report pegs Canada's natural gas in place at almost 4,000 tcf"
http://www.oilandgasinquirer.com/printer.asp?article=profiler%2F100610%2FPRO2010_UA0002.html
I will just paste some of it:
"These resource numbers do not include the emerging [shale] plays...in the Duvernay, the Horn River extension up into the Northwest Territories, or the Liard Basin [in northeastern British Columbia, west of the Horn River play] for example. Those numbers have not been quantified, so they're not part of the assessment."

Other excluded plays included the Alberta Montney formation; the Devonian shales in the Mackenzie Valley corridor; the deep thermogenic Colorado group of shales in western Alberta; the St. Lawrence Lowlands, save for the part of Quebec's Utica shale where estimation methodologies could be identified and included; the Central Maritimes Basin, located predominately in the Gulf of St. Lawrence with an onshore component in New Brunswick and the southern tip of Newfoundland; and natural gas hydrates.

"This study doesn't address gas hydrates, and that's a whole different order of magnitude in terms of resource potential in the country," Dawson said.

The findings of the CSUG report mirror a similar undertaking conducted by the U.S. Potential Gas Committee, which in 2009 said that the Lower 48 states also have about a century's worth of gas supply-about 1,836 Tcf of technically recoverable natural gas resources.

Dawson said that during the past several years, the development and widespread deployment of a variety of horizontal drilling and companion reservoir stimulation technologies has demonstrated that vast additional natural gas resources within coal seams, tight gas reservoirs, and shales will play a major role in shaping Canada's long-term natural gas supply opportunity.

According to the report, Canada's gas-in-place estimates by resource type are: Conventional (692 Tcf), CBM (801 Tcf), tight gas (1,311 Tcf), and shale gas (1,111 Tcf).

The report said that the emerging nature of much of Canada's unconventional gas resource is reflected in the "broad range" of potential marketable gas. Broken down by resource type, the CSUG report estimates conventional marketable natural gas at 357 Tcf, coalbed methane (CBM) at between 34 and 129 Tcf, tight gas (including B.C.'s Montney play) in the 215 to 476 Tcf range, and shale gas at between 128 and 343 Tcf.

"In the past, numbers regarding Canada's [gas] resource potential have been skewed and all over the map," Dawson said. "As far as we know, this is the first time all these numbers have been put in one place. No question, these numbers are big."
-----------------
So the nation thinks big ofcause. This will include, new infrastructure, pipelines, service and so on. You canadians probably know, but I think about others reading here: "take a look at these government sites", ex: http://nrcan.gc.ca/eneene/sources/infinf/pipgaz-eng.php
--
Quebec makes shipments to Montreal.I dont know about Ontario(is Ontario more difficult to reach?). NEW BRUNSWICK, emerging.
Well, all i all, I'm sure alot is going on, to find out how to profit on all this NG.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How much natural gas is required to heat a new average-sized single detached home?

A rough approximation is that 100 GJs of energy – or 2,700 cubic meters or 94,800 cubic feet of natural gas – is required to heat a new average-sized single detached home in Canada for one year.
-----------------------------------------
APA, is really in on manny things.

Canada wants to Export too ofcause?

Oct 22, 2010 09:31PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply