Welcome To The Questerre Energy HUB On AGORACOM

(Edit this message through the "fast facts" section)

Free

Jan 21, 2011 06:09PM

Jan 21, 2011 06:50PM

Jan 21, 2011 09:19PM

Jan 21, 2011 11:54PM

Jan 22, 2011 12:34AM

First i want to say that many persons in Norway have read Mr Roccos postings here with much interest cause he's been very clever in finding and presenting much relevant information about Questerre. So he has a great star here. We hope he can still present his views here, it will be appreciated :)

Myself Im not new in this "game" like some thinks here on this board, I bought my first qec-shares in the autumn of 2008, but sold out spring 2010. Now im back in business for a couple of months.

Its a little confusing now reading the news from Quebec. I read some different articles and translated some from french (Radio Canada's site). Suddenly there's a big fuss about shale gas.

One could say this is media-created. Journalists are ignorant and make stories. And perhaps that's very correct. But the problem is the impact upon the public and politicians. To us foreigners it seems the industry is fighting alone to convince others. They dont have a supporter group of ordinary citizens. Correct me if Im wrong. But in the media battle it's crucial to fight back at a broad scale. F.ex in our country there's a big fight about oil exploration in a main fishing area (Lofoten). And journalists are critical towards oil. But both sides are organized and present their view, so media can't ignore the pro oil-drilling group. And both parts have common people in their organisations . I think thats important if you want to win such a fight.

Im sure the liberal party still wants to promote shale gas exploration, but they feel pressure from the public, and it can be devestating for politicians to be looked upon as half corrupt or under the command of "polluting industries". Besides they are not totally up to date about how gas production works. Some gas leaks are neccesary and just normal, like Mr Binnion tells. Its the uncontrolled leaks that creates problems, we have a lot of experiences about this in the North Sea.

Im not sure of what comes out of this in the short run. Perhaps this quote is innaccurate:

"Mr. Charest stopped short of saying he now favours a moratorium and said the next step is to study the recommendations in a report from the province’s environmental-impact assessment agency, expected at the end of February. "

Biinion has told much about the learning curve in shale gas development. It seems the learning curve could be much better also for people and politicians in the province. Hopefully this will change in the coming weeks.

Jan 22, 2011 08:29AM

Jan 22, 2011 09:09AM

Jan 22, 2011 09:36AM
New Message
Please login to post a reply