Welcome to the San Gold HUB on AGORACOM

San Gold Corporation - one of Canada's most exciting new exploration companies and gold producers.

Free

Re: 43-101

in response to by
posted on Oct 27, 2008 09:06AM

I think they time their news releases. In the past it would seem they would save a good drill result for when the share price was getting very weak and about to fall.

The Hinge 43-101 and the updated 43-101 (if that is the way they are going to go) is bigger a set of drill results so I think they will hold that even closer to their vests. Wait for good times or perhaps save it as an excuse to not accept the first buy out bid (we need time to finish the 43-101 so we can say what the true value of the company is as we want to get the best value for our shareholders.). Then use that time to find other bidders.

Perhaps the major stakeholders would also be advising them to hold off as well in the hope that there may be need for another placement that would give them a chance to increase their percentage of ownership. Keep drilling! the more resources, the better any take out price.

I agree that they consistently fail to deliver on execution of what they say they are going to do (the one exception is finding new gold). It is easy to tell that they are going to do this because when they speak they are vague about where they are at and where they will be in the future.

No one is making plans that have to be adhered to. Very little accountability. That is the difference between a company that delivers on what they say they will and one that doesn't. It's that process of knowing that you will be held accountable that makes you prepare a detailed plan that can be realistically executed and also has you add a buffer of margin in case things don't go as planned.

Preparing a plan and executing to it requires a lot of hard work and a certain dedication to the planning process and commitment to the execution. Most mining companies that I have seen are always late so even if you are good at planning and execution, the nature of the mining business would put the odds against you of delivering on the plan.

I'm just glad they have so many things going for them.... relatively modern facilities, low cost energy, high grades, mines very close to the mill, etc. I would hate to think where they would be if not for those positives.

I continue to hold my long term shares and some trading shares that are under water.

JFF7

New Message
Please login to post a reply