Welcome To The Spider Resources HUB On AGORACOM

First Explorer at the "Ring of Fire" and presently drilling on the "BIG DADDY" Chromite/Pge's jv'd property...yet we were robbed

Free

Currently I own no shares in SPQ but thought I would wade into the reverse split controversy, to see if I can help any current shareholders, make a rational decison on this issue. It is my feeling the 10 for 1 reverse split on SPQ is much to do about nothing. In fact cleaning up the share structure will do more good, than harm, going forward to the shareholders.

With mining stocks in their various stages of exploration it is all about market cap. The market assigns a market cap to a stock depending on their discoveries. If SPQ has a hit with their next assays for instance, the market could decide the stock warrants a $100 million market cap because the assays were good enough to merit it. Whether SPQ has 300 million shares or 30 million shares matters not to the level of market cap the stock achieves. Its all about the value the market assigns to the worth of the ore that the stock discovers.

For obvious reasons it is better for shareholders the fewer amount of outstanding shares a stock has. If I was a owner of SPQ which I am not, I would vote yes, for this reverse split. If you think SPQ would be better off with fewer shares o/s why would you vote against this? Does it not bother any SPQ shareholders the stock has to chew through millions of shares traded to move up or down a penny?

Once again, in the mining stock world it is all about market cap. Think about how you vote for this. Sometimes when we don't step back and look at things, with the big picture in mind, we tend to cut off our hand to save our finger. JMHO

Al

New Message
Please login to post a reply