Free
Message: Re: digecor/Wencor advertising for reverse engineering...WOW......

Jul 12, 2007 06:16AM

I'm pretty sure that when EDIG developed a DRM for Wencor in Nov 2005, the $25,000 Wencor paid us entitled them to modify, refine or change it in any way they saw necessary to utilize that DRM in the Digeplayer XT. I guess I can't get too hung up on the reverse engineering since I think that $25,000 was essentially a licensing fee. However, it probably only licenses the use of the DRM and not any other aspect of the digeplayer design. Where Triad is the firm contracted to develope the XT design, I would think it would be them that would be advertizing for an engineer to do the reverse engineering.

Something is not adding up here. I don't have a reasonable explanation why Wencor would require someone to reverse engineer. It seems likely that this matter is not edig centric. Its more likely associated with other aspects of Wencor's business. I suppose it could have something to do with Wencor's litigation against us but I can't for the life of me, figure how they would utilize an engineer in that regard.  

Larry

New Message
Please login to post a reply