Liberty Star Uranium & Metals Corp.

Combining Classic Mineral Exploration with State of the Art Technology

Free
Oct 06, 2018 10:41PM

Bill, I understand your question is directed towards Agoracom, I would just like to comment. I agree completely with your view. I spent 2 years in Afg and theres no way mining, or any large business can survive there with the way things are. Afg may be a gold mine, no pun intended, for natural resources and cheap labor (the average adult male civilian makes about $1 US per day, the average Afg soldier makes $50 US per month- paid for by you and me, and a vast majority of those soldiers are only there for the pay check and many of them are Taliban and Haqqani- but thats another story and I shouldnt even get started) but there is no way to make mining even remotely semi-safe there at present, and not likely for decades or potentialy centuries to come. The last time I was in Afg, China had a handful of people there and was trying to mine but quickly left because of the violence. Rockets, mortars, IEDs, and ambushes are very persuasive determents. I dont understand how the POTUS thinks we can influence the economy, especially in the mining sector, of Afg if we havent been able to change anything over the past 17 years and the country has bordered on lawless for centuries. Arizona, I think specifically Hay Mountain, could provide as much or more copper (at comparative cost when factoring in security, safety, logistics, etc) as Afg. Also, as far as I understand, much of the resources in Afg are speculated and undetermined, just as at Hay mountain. This Afg thing doesnt make much sense. They will figure it out soon enough and began searching elsewhere but it would be nice if Hannam realized the potential at Hay Mountain. The whole story baffles me. 

New Message
Please login to post a reply