Aurelian Resources Was Stolen By Kinross and Management But Will Not Be Forgotten

The company whose shareholders were better than its management

Free
Message: Re: Ecuador: Mining contracts will be re-negotiated

Chilling. Hope you are wrong.

I hope so too, but I've met some of these people and they are nothing, if not determined.

I know I'm "talking my book" here, but then so are they. Nothing comes out of the goodness of one's heart that doesn't have book deals and speaking engagements attached. You have to be utterly naive to not see the financial benefits that accrue to anyone promoting the latest in popular theology. Take a look at the proliferation of New Age themes in any bookstore. Then try and find a book on Classical Philosophy. It will be way in the back if they don't have to order it, I guarantee.

People have characterized our age as "Post Industrial" as if it were some kind of new enlightenment, but it is not their place to name the present. That is a task for future historians, who if I may venture a guess, will see our age as either the Age Of Entitlement, where everything we needed was expected to grow on trees, or the Age of Irrationality, where, as in similar ages of the past, critical knowledge was lost in the fervor of new religious ideas, and the whole march of civilization took a giant step backwards.

ebear

May 06, 2008 12:08PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply