Aurelian Resources Was Stolen By Kinross and Management But Will Not Be Forgotten

The company whose shareholders were better than its management

Free
Message: Re: Ecuador: Mining contracts will be re-negotiated
May 06, 2008 12:08PM

This ship appears to be continuously running head on into high winds and seas.

True enough, but the Ecuadorean People are caught in the same storm as us. I have every confidence they will make the right choice when the time comes.

Incidently, I used to work on tankers in the North Atlantic trade. I've seen a few winter gales, including one where I thought we were lost for sure. I was off duty, so I chose to ride it out on the flying bridge and meet my fate head on. An amazing sensation really, seeing the bow go completely under with each wave, and not knowing if it would come back up, or whether that was my last moment on earth.

I have great respect for the sea, and an unbounded love of nature. I also recognize that people are part of nature and need to understand their place in the scheme of things. That doesn't mean we should resign ourselves to being mere animals though. We have the gift of intelligence and the ability to use it wisely for ourselves and for our children. That's the challenge we all face at some point in our lives: Making the right choice.

ebear

New Message
Please login to post a reply