Welcome to the Connacher Oil and Gas Hub on AGORACOM

Connacher is a growing exploration, development and production company with a focus on producing bitumen and expanding its in-situ oil sands projects located near Fort McMurray, Alberta

Free
Oct 23, 2009 11:50AM
Oct 23, 2009 02:06PM

Oct 23, 2009 02:25PM
Oct 23, 2009 05:28PM
Oct 24, 2009 12:27AM

Believe:

First, in a situation like Conacher faced a year ago, there are no easy decisions. So, I cut management a little slack on that score considering their state of being under capitalized. But, the state of being under capitalized is a state from which there is no reprieve during a crisis. And this is where the critical error was made in my opinion. Yes, I know. It is easy to draw that conclusion from our position of hindsight today. Not so easy from the perspective of 2 to 3 years ago when they were doing their capital budgeting. But none the less, this is what CEO's get paid for. The price of failure to appropriately do this? A death or near death experience. That was the only sense that CLL investors got lucky in. It was only "near death" But still a major set back for Connacher. We all can only hope that in the capital budget for both GD and Algar. lessons have been learned and put to good use!

Brian

New Message
Please login to post a reply