Welcome to the Connacher Oil and Gas Hub on AGORACOM

Connacher is a growing exploration, development and production company with a focus on producing bitumen and expanding its in-situ oil sands projects located near Fort McMurray, Alberta

Free
May 01, 2009 01:22AM

May 01, 2009 05:28AM
May 01, 2009 05:40AM

May 01, 2009 06:45AM

May 01, 2009 06:53AM

I agree. This forum can and should give us the opportunity to learn about other investment ideas.

I am not very good stock picker. Just look at the CLL example.

What I am now doing instead is using the ETF`s from Horizon Pro , identifying the trends and going for the ride.

As you know last two months the trend was up and I used :

HXU ---2X TSX 60 index

HEU--- 2X TSX energy index

XFN----TSX financial index

I sold half of the above yesterday (possibly to soon) . I am going to Europe next week, so I do not want to have too much headaches. I totally missed the Chinese ETF.

I have some income producing utilities stock (like PIF.Un , ALA.UN) to generate some income for my retirement .

Recently I came across the recommendation (sector outperform) for KHD on TSX.

Canadian Hydro Developers (KHD) is a developer, builder, and operator of Canadian renewable power facilities.

In this crazy, clean energy hype, this one may have the potential .Target price is $5.75

If someone is interesting to see the research on KHD or next one in this category BORALEX PM me with your e-mail.

Good to see you guys here, Jurek.

As for Can/US dollar... the common sens would tell you that $US should dramatically correct down as Brian is preaching. The commodity and currency like $CND and $AUST should go up.

The problem with this is that there is on substitutions for world currency other then the $US. Somebody will protect the US$.

Anyway the increase of WTI in $US will not directly translate to higher price of OIL or bitumen in $CND as some may think.

Have a good weekend.

May 01, 2009 03:37PM
Jul 20, 2009 09:23PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply