Welcome to the Connacher Oil and Gas Hub on AGORACOM

Connacher is a growing exploration, development and production company with a focus on producing bitumen and expanding its in-situ oil sands projects located near Fort McMurray, Alberta

Free
May 01, 2009 01:22AM

May 01, 2009 05:28AM
May 01, 2009 05:40AM

May 01, 2009 06:45AM

May 01, 2009 06:53AM
May 01, 2009 01:14PM

To: Jurek et al:

As I have said, and now Jurek seems to agree, I see no way that the US$ will not decline in relative value. And in particular relative to the currencies of the developing world such as China and India and likely others. Canada will benefit due to its raw material resources.

Assuming we avoid an economic armageddon (not assured), then what other assets are likely to appreciate? In the inflationary environment which will ensue if we do avoid deflation and depression, the answer is gold, silver, oil and the hard assets of resources which the developing world will require for the buildout of their infrastructures. That and the Chinese Remimbi and the Indian Rupee. Problem is, in the current economic environment with prices of raw materals being hard pressed due to the economy, no one is continuing to spend on resource exploration and development. This will result in resource shortages. The Chinese are taking advantage of this situation by pre buying resources and resource producing companies, at the current advantageous prices and with the foreign exchange resverves they have built up. And as recovery does take place, we will see shortages of raw materials. This is the tip off that the Chinese know what is coming. Namely, higher resource prices and resource shortages!

If one plans on making a living by selling luxury goods, I would suggest moving far to the east and learning Mandarin or Hindi.

Pardon my pessimism but, I see no other alternatives!

Brian

Jul 20, 2009 09:23PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply