Welcome To The Mannkind HUB On AGORACOM

Edit this title from the Fast Facts Section

Free
Message: Re: Trying to time a stock like MNKD is a fools game.

Sep 25, 2012 09:11AM

The analogy of taking out a loan against your house is a poor one. Please let us know what assets could be pledged as collateral for a loan and how much they would bring and not what they are capitalized on a balance sheet for but what a lender will give you when they see you owe half a $ Billion and have no source of income.

This company bleeds red ink almost to the extent of our federal government but I digress. The owner has not invested in the company in a couple of years now because at this time the company has to stand on it's own.

I have an interest in the company since I have owned shares for over 5 years now. Don't get me wrong it is a great story, a great initial product supported by Technosphere and a very promising cancer line if money ever starts flowing the right direction. The FDA has cost the company hundreds of millions of dollars which it doesn't have. I am in it for the long haul but want to see no more major dilution. Frankly I am tired of it.

I understand why Al is playing chicken with the potential partner(s). There is no precedence for a start-up biotech to have created a state of the art manufacturing facility and carried the ball for most of the approval distance. Sharing revenue simply because the partner has an established salesforce hasn't been done before as far as my research leads me to believe.

Since I haven't been out of the stock in 5 years I have no idea who the happy chasing comment is directed toward. Today's action was exciting for about 3 hours. It will take months of action like that to offset the months of steady bleeding the MM's, the shorts, Shkreli and the FDelay have caused along the road. I just can't believe we have sunk so low a $3 share price gets us excited!

Swing

New Message
Please login to post a reply