Mosaic ImmunoEngineering is a nanotechnology-based immunotherapy company developing therapeutics and vaccines to positively impact the lives of patients and their families.

Free
Message: Re: Steve,all admirable qualities,but not uniquely or singularly yours./Britania
Apr 03, 2009 09:16PM

Re: Steve,all admirable qualities,but not uniquely or singularly yours./Britania

posted on Apr 03, 2009 09:55PM

People have been brain washed by the media into believing that all tree cutting is bad. This misconception has led to the steady decline in real Christmas tree sales to the artificial tree. The fact is that I raise Christmas trees today instead of cattle. Christmas trees are grown as a crop on farms just like carrots, cabbage and potatoes they are not cut down in the forests. Christmas trees are grown for your enjoyment at Christmas time. Christmas trees are great for the environment because one acre will supply enough oxegon for 18 people to breathe for an entire year. They can be composted and if they make their way to land fills will break down into soil over time. Where trees are cut down I replant new trees for a renewable resource. Also real Christmas trees employ people in this country people who manufacture saws, tractors, balers, trailers, elevators, trucks, fuel, fertilizer, weed sprays, bug sprays. People that retail the trees and pay for lots, tents, advertisement and help. We also employ people to shape, plant and harvest the trees.

You say you put up an artifial tree. It is made out of plastic in factories in China that don't require the stringent polution standards in this country. The idea for the artificail tree came from products made to clean toilets. I would say that a plastic tree is more damaging to the environment and when it finally looks bad after a few years will eventually make it's way to landfills where it will stay forever. As more and more people go to the artificial tree it means less people are employed here in this country and it isn't doing the environment any good eighter.

Now that you know the facts how do you feel about me cutting down real Christams trees and what do you think of your artificial tree now? And when your husband or significant other brings you plastic roses on valentines day how are you going to feel about them.

Trust me I have seen how the lumber mills in these small towns have been shut down because people are against logging. The facts are there are more trees growing in the forests today than when the white man came to this country. Responsible sustainable forest management is possible and good for the planet and puts people to work in this country as well. I'm guessing you live in a house made from wood products? is it possible to utilize forest products in a responsible and renewable way?

This is just another reason why getting the facts rather than opinions is important for making sound decisions in our lives and in our investments.

All the best,

Steve

Apr 03, 2009 11:28PM
Apr 04, 2009 07:11AM
Apr 04, 2009 07:47AM
Apr 04, 2009 07:55AM
Apr 06, 2009 06:57AM
New Message
Please login to post a reply