HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free
Message: Re: Drill results send share prices soaring!!! - Khareema - Milsy1

Milsy,

To reply to your recent response, let me say that you've made great contributions to this forum. I've benefitted from such and so have many others. Thus the very high rating you maintain (3.9), as well as the large number of points for "thumbs up" for your contributions that have helped so many. These points indicate not only the value of your posts, but your persistent activity and dedication to continuing to assist this board.

I also understand that you, as well as myself and any sensible investor, would not want Noront to be taken over at a paltry price. And, you are aware that many large mining companies would love to "get a big bargain" by taking us over at a cheap price. However, your suggestion in your earlier post that keeping exceptional drill results secret from the public would likely prevent this - this I believe to be misguided.

We have already had exceptional drill results, as our record shows. The staff of large mining companies that are tasked with looking for takeover candidates are well aware of this. We've, beside our press releases, been well publicized and touted by more mainstream media. After all, Noront was ranked this year as the best Canadian junior explorer (and there have been many other commendatory remarks made about us by investment analysts to their constitituencies).

So, we are already "on the radar screen", so to speak, of a number of majors who might be considering potential takeover candidates. The longer our stock price stays low, the easier it will be for a takeover at a cheap price. So, to suggest that the Board of Directors keep news of exceptional drill results hushed up is not going to help us.

While your instincts are correct, that news of a significant new discovery, or significant expansion of a previous discovery, will again draw attention to Noront by these majors, I don't think that is a bad thing, and I don't think it means that they will be able to take us over at a cheaper price than if the news had been made public.

After all, the more attractive a potential takeover candidate looks, the more interested majors will be to compete in a bidding war to take us over. Like I said, we are already very well known by the majors, and their staff is keeping tabs on us. But to keep a significant new discovery, or a major expansion of current resources, "in the dark" actually might dissuade some majors from bidding against their rivals to take us over.

Also, I think many of the current investors have voiced so much distrust of the current Board of Directors, that for them to hide some great news would be perceived by many shareholders as a confirmation that they cannot be trusted, and are planning on "selling us down the river" in some shady deal that benefits them personally but harms the retail investors.

As I pointed out in my previous post, Noront has been able to make significant gains on 3 occasions when we had news of superlative drill results. The news showed that Noront was worth much more than their present price because they had found significant additional high-grade metals on their projects. The news was recognized by the public to be of such magnitude as to cause the funds that were manipulating the price down to be overcome by the volume of new investment.

Bottom line is that I don't believe keeping silent about great drill results is in our best interest; and I don't believe, even in the present negative economic climate, that it is a foregone conclusion that great news will have no positive impact on our share price.

If you see it differently, I respect your right to disagree, of course. But I felt obligated to same something on this subject, because I felt some investors and potential investors would be disheartened to think that no matter how superlative some new drill results might be, it would be of no help. I've seen great gains by junior explorers from such news before, even in adverse market conditions. I believe it can still happen.

New Message
Please login to post a reply