HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free
Jul 09, 2009 06:14PM
Jul 09, 2009 06:21PM
Jul 09, 2009 09:45PM

"My guess is that we may see assay results within a week assuming Noront pays additional fees to make it top priority in getting assay results just for one hole. At least, Noront put forward a request to rearrange the order of lab analysis among Noront's samples"

A reasonable guess, but everyone should be reminded of the purpose of the 'rush' status that was placed on the samples.

The reason the hole was drilled, and the reason the samples were sent in on a rush basis, is that they require this information in order to determine their strategy going forward. The second deep hole will provide even more information than this one, as it will give them a second look at something they already know is there. By the time they have 10 holes spread thru this 450m of sulphides, they will have a decent picture of what is there. At that time all this information becomes important. Do they have a tiger by the tail (or elephant)? Will publicizing all this information result in a takeover bid or two? Do they have enough support and a share price to go along with it to try to take this to production on their own? These are all questions that they need answers to, and that is why they sent the sample in on a rush basis.

I doubt very much that they consider getting this info out to the public as early as possible to be very high on their 'to do' list. In fact the real reason they announced what they did was because of concern about leakage.

My bet is that they will not provide a report until closer to the end of the month, when they will provide a detailed update again.

This is just my opinion. It is not based on any concrete information.

Regards

K

Jul 11, 2009 04:26PM
Jul 11, 2009 05:20PM

Jul 12, 2009 12:24AM
New Message
Please login to post a reply