HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free

Simon, to answer a few of your questions.

"so what you mean is that they would make clarus buy in order to prevent an hostile takeover?"

Yes, that was the general idea of my post. I was voicing my opinion that I feel it is more likely that my proposed scenario is more likely than a hostile takeover attempt at this juncture. Having said that, I do not suspect that Noront could make Clarus do anything. It was posted on the forum the other day that Wes Hanson and one of the principles of Clarus were guest speaks at a mining expo and possibly have an association. Speaking specifically about Clarus here, they starting accumulating after the meeting with Noront. If you are of the belief that there is a hostile bid brewing and Clarus is the front for the aggressor, then you would have to agree that Wes is a bad judge of character. Unless of course, he is looking to sell us short but quite frankly, I'm not buying that.

"that would also be a possibility... but don't you think we should be seing more resistance from the buyer to hold it down? NOT is already at 55% in institutionnal hand... you need a lot of partners on your side... is the 3 million shares bought by Clarus enough?"

Good point Simon - you would think that you might see more pressure from the buyer to keep the share price down. It is likely that they have tried by virtue of putting asks up but the buying pressure over the same time frame has gobbled through asks. We have seen over the past few days many asks being pulled. (don't want to loose those shares).

Yes, apparently there are 55% institutional investors. Having said that, being an institutional investor is not synonymous with "being on your side". Every share that you can ensure is in your camp is extremely important. Ultimately, it could only take one share to lose control.

"also, do you think that this can justify that volume over the last five trading session?"

You know what Simon, I am a perma-long to my detriment. Rode this all the way up and all the way down. Many might label me a pumper as I have always had the rose colored glasses on when it comes to Noront. But there has always been disclosure - I am not a trader, just a lowly retail investor who has always believed in this story. You know what, I believe now more than ever that we are on the cusp of something truely special and quite frankly many more do as well - hence the heightened volume.

Finally Simon you said:

"... there as to be something more..."

I suspect that you are right here Simon, there's going to be a whole, whole lot more!

Sorry for my lengthy response.

Cheers,

Milsy1

New Message
Please login to post a reply