HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free
Message: Re: A contrary and worried view of the ROF from the locals.!!!

Imthatguy,

I would like to see the research that supports your comments. As a planner and biologist I would disagree with your statement that the infrastructure related to resource development benefits ecological systems. Everything I have read during my academic and professional years shows that fragmentation of the landscape, quite extensive in both Alberta and Ontario, significantly alters the habitat/patterns of both flora and fauna. Someone who has spent time in Alberta I'm sure you're aware of the state of Canada's Woodland Caribou population (Species at Risk). The affects of fragmentation include reduced movement of prey species, increased movement of predator species, and increased introduction and distribution of invasive, non-indigenous, species.

So, not sure where you're information comes from stating that resource extraction acitvities benefit ecological systems, but I would definitely welcome any such research that supports this concept. I would appreciate seeing this information.

Thanks in advance.

pymmer

tau
Jan 02, 2010 09:50PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply