Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free
Apr 27, 2015 09:07AM
Apr 27, 2015 10:23AM

SmoothSailing, I feel your frustration. Only, in my case, it's not with the posters but the company itself. I actually enjoy the speculation and unbridled optimism. I think that is what keeps many of the investors here feeling good about their commitment.

Deep down inside, however, I know we are all more anxious about what is really going on over at POET.

This all reminds me of my childhood gifts from my grandparents. My grandparents loved to spoil me. Every Christmas, and birthday, there was one big 'special' gift, the secret one. We would all play this game where none of us acknowledged that there would be a secret big gift. Whenever I saw the adults whispering or gathering in a distant room (their house was an enormous villa by the sea) I would suspect that they were planning the great unveiling.

The problem with being so spoiled as a young man was with the conditioning. This affected my brother worse than me as he still sits around waiting for the "big day" when he expects to inherit some mysterious fortune, to which he is definitely not entitled. (Another topic for another day, our society of perpetual victimization and entitlement)

Myself, I made my own way in life and have succeded quite well as a financial advisor. I expect nothing from my family. I plan to realize my dreams of fortune by my own hand.

That being said, I still feel the conditioning when I watch POET, this board and my imagination. Somehow, the people at POET must be planning the great unveiling. They are at the end of the hall with a special secret. What will it be this year, this week, this morning? That mentality is self destructive, yes, but it is also human nature (well, this human anyway) It is our mentally manifested carrot, the same carrot that has us waiting with bated breath as lottery numbers are drawn. Only here there is actually a high probability of success.

I say, let the family speculate, let the children dream. At the end of the day, we all know that it is all meaningless until the 'big day' actually comes. (Real news is the only news that matters) In the meantime, you never know who may well have guessed what is going on down the hall. Some very intelligent people are on this board and their guesses are as good as any.

New Message
Please login to post a reply