Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free
Nov 03, 2016 08:45PM

Fairchij: I believe that POET will become the standard by which all companies do integrated photonics. One look at the POET management team tells you that it is very real. It is the only reason they are there.

Regarding the technology, you are right. I don't have any serious doubts about that. Delays due to repeated export licensing and running batches at Wavetek were likely unforeseen, are hampering a timely completion and created the need for fresh capital, but they don't ruin the technology's viability.

Regarding leading an undercapitalized public company, doing a successful equity raise as well as gaining and maintaining confidence, however, they have shown a serious level of incompetence.

As a consequence, only quick advances in developing the POET platform and devoping the overall company could overcompensate this severe loss of confidence. Words are not enough. Sorry to say that, but that's where we are today.

I would suggest to POET management to establish a fine-grained and detailed plan with timed and measurable milestones, so that we always know where we are. Making jokes with "soon" and "up and to the right" was funny, but it is no longer. The time for wish-wash is over.

I would further suggest to to POET management to get a slasher on board, someone who is paid to be negative, paid to find the needle in the haystack, paid to internally scrutinize every move they intend to make and every news release or other piece of communication prior to a release. Management should of course listen to him, take his objections seriously, and e.g. release news only if the slasher is satisfied. The slasher does not need to be technically versed. On the contrary, it might be better if he his not, because he would be able to spot all the tech lingo. If a news release satisfies the slasher, chances are it might also satisfy the market. Management might think about firing him when he ceases to find anything to beef about.

TMI
Nov 04, 2016 03:29PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply