Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free
Message: Re: POET to Demo AI Hardware Products for 800G and Beyond at OFC 2024 GlobeNewswire - Mar 21, 2024 8:30 AM NDT

I've seen a couple of messages claiming that we shouldn't be worried about money, because if the company was desperate, they would have simply raised more. Anyone thinking this has forgotten the history of what happened in November. I remember it well, cause I had the same thoughts. That there are Asian investors looking to invest over $50 million, and that they could sell a portion or all of their stake in SPX. As we got lower on cash, I assumed that based on what the company had said, and the rather obvious fact that you need money to run a company, that they must have a plan. But I was wrong, they didn't have a plan. They panicked, had the worst PP ever where they tanked our share price for $1.25 million USD. Then they went to retail, where we bailed them out for $6 million. They didn't raise more because they couldn't raise more. How do you guys not remember this?  Do you guys not remember when the retail raise was done, they had to extend it because it wasn't fully filled?  I will give POET credit for the news release extending the time that mentioned management had participated. If it wasn't  for that savvy move, they wouldn't have raised as much as they did. 

So after all that, the shareholders are expected to just trust that management has it covered this time, when it's shaping up very much like it did in November?  If you aren't apprehensive about that, what is wrong with you?  So to degrade people for having legitimate concerns, to me, is offside. 

However, I do think there are some silver linings. Everyone is banking on new sales, contracts and partnerships to lift our share price, and all those would be great, but I don't think we need those to be successful. If we simply deliver on what has already been announced, we will be doing great. With no new sales than what has been announced, and the company properly funded, this is a $10 stock easy, if not higher.  The partnerships we already have prove to me we have a solution that works, and is good. Suresh has done a good job here. It's the financial management that is the problem. If it gets solved, we're golden. I just don't trust who we have to get it solved. 

New Message
Please login to post a reply