Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free
Message: Re: POET to Demo AI Hardware Products for 800G and Beyond at OFC 2024 GlobeNewswire - Mar 21, 2024 8:30 AM NDT

Fairchild, I never said they don't have plans, or that they don't have products, or that there isn't lots of reasons to be very optomistic. 
But when you say people have a reason to be worried about the financing, but they are panicking and they shouldn't be, I disagree here. I'm panicking!  Tom Mika has a track record, and it's bad. I wouldn't trust him to run a hot dog stand. And I don't know if you have information the rest of us don't, but I never saw plans of running the financing in tranches. And I also disagree with the notion that they could easily raise more money just by asking for more. If was very clear they were having a hard time raising cash. If it was easy for them, they would have done it at a higher price. 

This is total speculation on my part, but they've been signalling a desire to sell their stake in SPX for a while. Perhaps that was plan A to get money in November before they pivoted to destroying shareholder value. I think selling SPX is plan A again. If it is, it would explain why they needed a "bridge" until they got it done. And again speculation, I'm guessing Sanan has probably playing hard ball, since I'm sure they know POET is in a terrible bargaining position, and the Chinese make deals different then north Americans. See our deal when we sold denselight for example.   What ever the hold up is, let's hope it's solved soon. Cause the one thing I do agree with you on is that the future of this company is very bright once the financing issue is solved. 

New Message
Please login to post a reply