Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free
Message: Re: POET to Demo AI Hardware Products for 800G and Beyond at OFC 2024 GlobeNewswire - Mar 21, 2024 8:30 AM NDT

I hear your frustration Fairchild, and I agree that POET has done a lot right. I haven't invested as much as you, but I invested more than I should have, and that's on me. My first purchase was right before the empire club, I don't recall what year that was, and I've been buying more ever since. And because of the things the company has done right, I bought more on margin in the $5 range last summer, thinking it couldn't go much lower, and there was so many good things coming. So far, we've both been bad investors. 

I also understand the story isn't over. They can still turn this around, and there are so many things in the pipeline that are fantastic, that if the financing gets figured, we're going to look like great investors. And if there are more sales or deals we don't yet know about, this thing could go to the moon. I think that's why everyone is here. It's a risky stock, but the upside is so high. 

I get that you're an optimist, and like to focus on what's going right. I don't consider myself a pessimist, but maybe I am. Because I am focused on the things going wrong. Because I want them fixed. I want change. Maybe ranting on a forum isn't the best way to do it. But apparently management reads this forum, or at least is aware of it. 

I also recognize it might be ignorant to blame Mika for everything. I don't know everything that's going on, or has gone on. Sometimes you come across as an apologist for management, so it's comforting to hear you say you can recognize the mistakes. You're the most influential poster here, and I appreciate that you help bring info to help us better understand how good our investment could be. 

But for all the good things happening at POET, the bad parts are all financial. Maybe that should fall on Suresh, or at least part of it. But I also recognize I first invested in a gallium arsenide company, and without Suresh, and the pivot he made, my investment would be at zero right now. So that leaves me looking at Mika. Plus some of the poor experiences other shareholders have had with him. I'll admit it's hearsay, as I haven't experienced it myself.  But when I look at all the evidence of his track record with POET, what others have said of him, and his track record before POET, I make no apologies for wanting him gone. I want POET to do better, and be better, and I think POET would be better if he wasn't here. 

It was a nice bump to the share price at the end of the day, and hopefully we get some good news soon. I'm hoping the increase is a drop in a bucket to what the price is in the future.  The near future. 

GLTAL

New Message
Please login to post a reply