Welcome to the Crystallex HUB on AGORACOM

Crystallex International Corporation is a Canadian-based gold company with a successful record of developing and operating gold mines in Venezuela and elsewhere in South America

Free
Aug 11, 2010 10:37AM

Civi: Not trying to start an argument, but I don't quite understand why would neither buy nor sell KRY at this point. If you don't think the stock will go up at some point, why even bother holding it? If you think it's a loser, shouldn't you be cashing out?

Quite honestly, the idea of a "hold" rating on a stock is BS to me: if a stock's future is uncertain as to where it will go, then you should probably move your money into something more "certain" to go up. On the other hand, if you are prepared to gamble and believe the stock will go up, then shouldn't you be buying?

I guess I'm too black and white for a "hold" mentality.

Also, I'm with Michael5 and Pen: I think the paperwork is most likely done, but VZ and/or Chavez are holding up the works and KRY can't just go and make announcements without their blessing. Fung has obviously been incredibly cautious up to this point about how he handles VZ, so I would think that he is in hyper-cautious mode now that this thing is so close to becoming reality. Chavez will play this to his political advantage, so we're probably waiting for his blessing to go public. Would be great to see the permit wrapped up in the announcement when it is finally made.

New Message
Please login to post a reply