Mosaic ImmunoEngineering is a nanotechnology-based immunotherapy company developing therapeutics and vaccines to positively impact the lives of patients and their families.

Free
Message: Re: SGE1 - Your "ideas" fly in the face of PTSC FACTS - LL
Apr 27, 2010 07:16AM
Apr 27, 2010 08:18AM
Apr 27, 2010 10:18AM
Apr 27, 2010 08:56PM

SGE, I guess clarification of what you and others understand to be marketing, might help the situation.

I realize most MMP licensees are potential licensees for other patents. I have no problem with Alliacense selling other portfolios to the same client. I doubt PTSC does either.

IMHO, the problem is when you try to sell two portfolios at the same time instead of sequentially. Your package deal. How can marketing such a package be beneficial to PTSC, if the prices of both licenses are negotiated and the same party is negotiating both MMP and other license price?

I think we can assume that the MMP license has high value and should have a high price. The other patent portfolio is lower value and should have a lower price. But what if the profit margin on the lower priced item is greater? Would not the temptation be to lower the MMP price and get a higher price on the higer margin product?

How do you stop the above from happening? I think the resolution addresses this potential problem. It doesn't say TPL must not sell other license portfolios, just don't market them with the MMP as a package. And PDS should have final authority on MMP price, not the party selling the other license portfolio.

I know you do not see it this way, but I welcome your comments.

Opty

New Message
Please login to post a reply