Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free
Apr 05, 2017 08:21AM
Apr 05, 2017 10:07AM
Apr 05, 2017 11:30AM

Hi BettingMan 

My brother and I had a long dicussion about the Imagination Tech news yesterday.  Both DNWL and his son Oldgreg like me have been connecting the dots. What cannot now be disputed is that Apple as previously rumoured, and mentioned by me here, are making their own processor which turns out to be a GPU.  Which I would imagine is intended to put a future IPHONE x ahead of the competition. I can't see any direct connection between the Apple anouncement and PTI end of year finavials.   But it does occur to me that the TRAB finished when the VCSEL got its it's functonal viability tick in the box. Do APPLE like the VCSEL results 

What is clear to me is that in no way did PTI have the capacity to run both a POET OPTICAL project and develop PET. The 40 engineer deal was the only way that PTI could possibly work on the Opical side of POET and put all that good work they had achieved on PET to good use, including producing PTK which was the method of trasferring the IP to a partner.  Who was thst potential partner?

That PET phase of POET development was carefully observed by a major customer who because of Apple presence on the TRAB it is logical to conclude could have been APPLE.

I have to many wounds from speculation to argue my case further here.  But my family remain connected to the idea that something did happen back in August 15 and would not be at all surprised that the 40 engineer deal was completed allowing PC and GT to bow out gracefully at that point these were men on a mission which I believe achieved something.

There are many more here connected to this idea and who here  wouldn't like it to materialise? But it remains a speculation.

Fingers crossed aye!

Sula 

Apr 05, 2017 12:12PM
Apr 05, 2017 12:43PM
Apr 05, 2017 01:07PM
Apr 05, 2017 01:10PM
Apr 05, 2017 02:47PM
Apr 05, 2017 05:10PM
Apr 06, 2017 01:32AM
New Message
Please login to post a reply