TODAY'S DISCOVERY, TOMORROW'S FUTURE

Creating shareholder wealth by advancing gold projects through the exploration and mine development cycle.

Free
Message: Re: KXL site visit / cedartree and mzsmith / part 2
Oct 01, 2008 05:18PM

Oct 01, 2008 05:22PM

continued from "KXL site visit ... part 1"

The next major prospect system reviewed was the Golden Mile, where deep drilling was visibly in progress on the way in - from the air we could see the red jumpsuit of a drill operator boring a deep hole from 0.5 km off to the side of the Lucky Strike/GM intersection:

As mentioned elsewhere the Golden Mile extends 9 km encompassing Sage's provings at the north end where we also witnessed their intensive channel sampling. Beyond the original 3 km of the GM and "Nameless Lake" which roughly bisects the GM, the first area of new stripping has also shown up good findings. Kodiak has been approved for an "Advanced Exploration Permit" which allows a much larger area of GM and related prospects to remain stripped and be explored at one time.

A better understanding of the widening of the Golden Mile at each of the regular changes in strike observed, as well as the periodicity of the GM as a whole points to further findings along the unsampled section leading up to SGX. A better understanding of the vein architecture at depth has also been obtained, and this has been helpful in drilling the intersection of GM with Lucky Strike and the periodic swellings in the vein structure. Results continue to be highly encouraging.

Golden Mile looking north (9 km strike):

Brian Maher describing new structural understanding with area claim and drill maps:

New Golden Mile exploration area north of "Nameless Lake" bisecting the GM (I suppose the lake itself awaits a "Golden xxx Lake" naming by Bill Chornobay):

Sage Gold stripped and channel sampled area at northern end of Golden Mile:

We we also lucky enough to visit Gold Rush (Kaby Lake), a parallel and similar system to Golden Mile about 1.5km to the NE. A large area has been stripped and washed and channelling has been done with positive findings. I might mention that host rock at Gold Rush was a huge extent of the most incredibly pure-white quartz. We took other samples but I wish I had brought home a piece of Gold Rush quartz

Gold Rush, newly stripped and sampled:

Ground visits were not made to Bearskin and Sturgeon Bridge in the Paint Lake intrusion, which are geologically related to each other but independent from the other systems, and represent yet another major opportunity for Kodiak.

We have little further data for now on Blackwater, Brenbar or East Leitch. Klotz Lake prospect is far to the east, and stripping has begun there and a separate camp is being set up to support it. It is of the Golden Mile type of prospect.

... continued in "KXL site visit ... part 3"

Oct 02, 2008 03:47PM
Oct 02, 2008 03:55PM
Oct 02, 2008 05:42PM
Oct 02, 2008 06:11PM
Oct 02, 2008 10:01PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply