Developing Bellechasse-­Timmins Gold Deposit

New Discovery Resulting in a 20KM Mineralized Gold Belt

Free
Message: Re: BD2010-117 and BD2010-115 - advice from the mining gurus?
Sep 23, 2010 09:59AM
Sep 23, 2010 10:01AM
Sep 23, 2010 10:04AM
Sep 23, 2010 10:06AM

I don't pretend to be a mining guru- but I will attempt to answer both your questions at once because I think they are related. First, by definition, the nugget effect means that nearly every "good" drill hole will have high grades from 1 or 2 single metres of core smeared across long intercepts of lower grade mineralization. Also by definition, the chances of hitting a nugget is so extremely small so you will likely have less than one of those hits per hole. If you start to grind up bulk-sized samples of quartz diorite ore suddenly you find that your ability to find those nuggets increases dramatically- if we can use your analogy .....set fire to the haystack and collect all the needles from the ashes. This is exactly what they want to do to mine the material- collect all of the quartz-diorite above a predetermined cutoff grade and and process that material. There will not likely be any opportunities to follow high grade veins because the nature of the deposit seems not to support these types of events. The fact that there is mineralization throughout the holes suggests to me that there is nuggety gold also distributed throughout these veins and that is the reason I am happy about these results.

Best,

Scott

New Message
Please login to post a reply