Developing Bellechasse-­Timmins Gold Deposit

New Discovery Resulting in a 20KM Mineralized Gold Belt

Free
Message: Re: BD2010-117 and BD2010-115 - advice from the mining gurus?
Sep 23, 2010 09:59AM
Sep 23, 2010 10:01AM
Sep 23, 2010 10:04AM
Sep 23, 2010 10:06AM

This is exactly what they want to do to mine the material- collect all of the quartz-diorite above a predetermined cutoff grade and and process that material. There will not likely be any opportunities to follow high grade veins because the nature of the deposit seems not to support these types of events.

OK, but what's the predetermined cutoff grade? 0.65g/t? 0.24g/t? That's what these intervals were. The NR also suggests you can have a short interval with visible gold that still shows only 1g/t. All of that is uneconomical for underground mining, and the depth tells me the strip ratio would be too great for open pit at these particular holes.

When this property progresses to mining, their calculation of cutoff grade for a given interval will either have a nugget in it, or it won't. But that depends on the underground holes they shoot to create their P&P resource model. An shooting holes causes the nugget problem.

Basically, when operating the mine, without knowing where the nuggets are, how do you find where the nuggets are in order to mine the nuggets? Or do you just put up with an incredibly variable head grade on your mill and hope to be able to turn a profit?

Note, I'm a newb at all this mining business, so I'm happy to be corrected on any of the above.

New Message
Please login to post a reply