Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free
Message: Re: Intel’s Laser Chips Could Make Data Centers Run Better
Jun 26, 2016 03:29AM
Jun 26, 2016 10:14AM

Mackwheaton: You and Rainer are two of the most technically knowledgeable contributors here, but I would have to argue with no disrespect that what you know is a fraction of what POET's competitors know.

That's an interesting point, Mackwheaton! Assuming there are no dark channels, POET's competitors do not know more than we do. I think the difference lies in the fact that these people are much more knowledgable about the subject matter than you, me, Fairchij, and the rest of us Agroracom folks. And that means that while they have exactly the same information as we do, they might well be able to draw better conclusions from these information.

On the other hand, the question is to what extend they are in fact doing so. I think it requires quite some effort to thoroughly follow every move any possible competitors are doing. And from the viewpoint of one of POET's competitors, POET is just one of their competitors. Following all of your competitors or possible competitors is not trivial, and I would not assume this to be a given automatically. Remember what Subhash Deshmukh said when he joined POET? He said he had never heard about POET before, because he was so immersed in his own projects. I think the same is true for many other companies and for the people working there. Again, this is not a question of yes or no, but to what extend.

Mackwheaton: And to me, a $150 million valuation for this technology is nothing more than blood in the water to them. We can't argue SRP will protect us if the tipping point for a 51% vote to sell can be achieved at a tiny fraction of that potential that still remains under wraps to us. I believe that may represent the greatest threat in the near term.

Agreed! That is, our own success would be our greatest threat. :-D

New Message
Please login to post a reply