Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free
Message: Re: Ajit Manochas legacy.....good, bad or indifferent?
Babaoriley  'Of course, the release is worded so as to be prospective, they haven't quite got the thing done yet,

Whilst I can agree with you that they haven't quite got it done yet, The relevant quote, copied below with my emboldening, is I feel a tad more postive than your analysys  i.e. they will start samapling early in the fourth quarter.  See the announcement below.

'DenseLight Semiconductors, an innovator of high performance lasing solutions for optical sensing applications, will start sampling high-power, continuous wave 1310nm Distributed Feedback (DFB) lasers for 100G Silicon Photonics applications early in the fourth quarter of 2017. Also within this time frame, DenseLight will begin sampling long wavelength 1650nm DFB lasers for the Test and Measurement, Optical Time Domain Reflectometry (OTDR) and Photonics/Biomedical sensing markets.

Consequently, I see no reason not to believe that samples will be available in October for anyone showing interest in these 'in demand' 100G products. However, we should also be aware that since this announcement coincides with an important and well supported conference,  I feel we can justifiably say that managment timing is intended to produce results.  Bearing in mind also, as already has been pointed out here, that this is a customer led request and therefore we must have some customers chomping at the bit for this announcement and the smples, so to speak, and the customer might well already be primed to take advantage of the benefits these products offer.  Things may well move on at a pace if they wish to be early adopters.

Of course there is inevitable lag, whilst samples are tested and before the figures appear on Quarterly accounts.  This will mean that we should set our expectation for revenue from this at the earliest in Q2 2018, but more realistically Q3, which will be good for the 2018 AGM at the latest.

Let's then be more positive about this good news, by accepting that Denselight is on the cusp of revenue from new products that will indeed have been influanced by POET Technologies management's view and that this represents a significant step forward in our fourtunes as investors in PTK.  

So much for the 'they have done nothing' Brigade that plague us with negativity here, mangement are indeed delivering on promises they made and flagged up to us in early March of this year at Brussels

sula

Sep 07, 2017 01:58AM
Sep 07, 2017 01:01PM
Sep 07, 2017 01:12PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply