Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free
Message: Re: Ajit Manochas legacy.....good, bad or indifferent?

First of all, it is very nice to see POET formally announced the introduction of our new products the World's largest Optoelectronic Exhibition, the CIOE, held in China.  The introduction of our 100 g compatible CWDM and LAN WDM multiplexers couldn't have come at a better time, considering the pent-up demand for a solution to the bottleneck data centers (largest users of transceivers) and the industry wide acknowledgment of the problem.   Although 100 g technology has been around for a while, the products available were inefficient and expensive.  Our transceiver solution has dielectric wave guides (no need for lenses) and operates at ambient temperatures.  Pricing will be brought in line, and in my opinion, the floodgates will open.  We have other important new products introduced, including Ultra Narrow LInewidth lasers (for Lidar), and other lasers.   We seem to be at an industry wide inflection point.  Time to incorporate 100 g into the mainstream. with our new products, we seem to be very nicely positioned.  So...Lets get some major customers and close some sales.     

In regard to Ajit Manocha, I feel he was the right person at a crucial time for POET.   Although it took time. more time than most of us expected, Ajit set the table for POET to succeed.  The Denselight and BB Photonics acquisitions were critical.  The financing issue came at a time that POET was facing extinction,  POET needed a state of the art facility to build products and models.  I don't know if any of us know all the details of the deal, but we did get the funds for the fab facility, although the terms were painful.  The possible RFP Tender with India could be key to becoming a legacy stock.  I am not sure of the timeframe but it looks like Ajit might have been helpful in opening the possibility of a solid partner to finish the development of our GaAs PIC.  Ajit is now in a position as SEMI that could help POET tremendously.  My opinion of Ajit Manocha is that he is a man of integrity, who cares about POET Technology and the POET shareholders. His propensity to collaborate reflects his willingness to work with others and the whole is greater than the sum of the parts.   I believe Ajit will use his "Rolodex" to help POET on its way to success.  Ajit left us in good hands, with Suresh Venkatesan.  I've read photonics is entering its Golden Age and we are right in the middle of it.     Good luck to all Longs.  :)  BT 

Sep 07, 2017 01:58AM
Sep 07, 2017 01:01PM
Sep 07, 2017 01:12PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply