Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free
Message: Q: What happens to POETF/PTK shares when we move to NASDAQ?

Hi folks,

Been in POET since 2014 when I saw someone suggest it as a better alternative to cannabis stocks I was looking into at the time. :-)

I'm loving this move to NASDAQ but I'm a bit confused about something that I don't think has been explicitly addressed, so I'm hoping someone who knows more about this stuff can answer my question or perhaps pass it along to Mr. Mika. Here we go:

So far I've been assuming that when we uplist to the NASDAQ our existing POETF/PTK shares will move to the new exchange, but the more I think about it the less certain I am. Management has said that it plans to retain a presence on the current Canadian exchange(s), which implies to me that any existing POETF/PTK shares we have will stay on whatever exchange they're on now. But if that's the case then doesn't it also imply that listing on the NASDAQ will mean executing an IPO to create new shares on the NASDAQ with the new "POET" ticker? Such an IPO would effectively be a capital raise where management has previously said that it intends to hold off on a capital raise until after the move to NASDAQ, which further implies that existing POETF/PTK shares must be moved to NASDAQ under the new POET ticker or there won't be any shares on the NASDAQ to list/trade! See what I mean?

Yes, I realize I used the word "imply" a lot. :-) Maybe my question has actually been answered somewhere and I just missed it...?

New Message
Please login to post a reply