Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free
Message: Re: Q: What happens to POETF/PTK shares when we move to NASDAQ?

LOL I didn't expect my question to spark so much discussion, which so far has been pleasant and polite discussion so that's a good thing! Also thank you all for your replies including the person who responded by PM (you know who you are), but they made me realize I hadn't really asked the right question to begin with...

Being American I hold shares in Merrill and Fidelity retail brokerage accounts, and when I bought these shares I was asked what symbol I wanted to buy but never asked what exchange I wanted to buy them on; if I remember right they said something about how the orders would be routed to a foreign exchange/broker or something to execute the trades. In any case my answer was always "POETF", and when I look at my accounts today "POETF" is the ticker symbol they're displayed with  (Fidelity also displays some ISIN and SEDOL numbers whatever thay are). After reading the board's answers and the PM's reply I decided the question I really should have asked is what symbol will my brokerage accounts show after the uplisting? Will the shares automagically switch from "POETF" to "POET" because they're held by American brokerages (as the PM'er thought), or will the shares I hold today stay "POETF" while any new shares I buy are displayed as "POET" because they're purchased on the NASDAQ?

Have a good one, and happy uplisting!

New Message
Please login to post a reply