Free

What could he know other than information from PACER filings and PR's? The company does not release inside information. I took his comment in the vein of how we all write; that he's thinking or speculating or in his opinion, we'll all be pleasantly surprised. That's why we're here...to discuss possibilities and opinions of the company's future between official company PR's. I suspect everyone but you took it the same way I did.

I disagree with a statement lake3054 made in his post however. He wrote, "...and this [the Samsung settlement] will be the 'moment of truth' as to how much the patents are worth." Although I'm thinking Samsung's licensing fee will be considerably higher than the other six, I don't feel it is a moment of truth. Before this Texas Seven lawsuit, EDIG was basically broke. Now after seven wins, they have more money than at any time in the past 10+ years, have validated their patents to the world, and received cross licenses of several large companies. Their 774 patent caught the eye of Morgan, Lewis and Bockius, LLP who used it as an example during an IP seminar. They are in a great position to file the second round of IP litigation without the worry of keeping the doors open/lights on and incurring more debt. In fact they reduced their debt considerably this calendar year as seen in SEC filings, and may announce a complete debt repayment at the ASM. They are also in a great position to partner with other companies to build their eVU business outside of IFE. I believe EDIG/DM's strategy has worked to perfection and envision they are readying themselves for a blockbuster round 2.

All in my opinion.

Oct 29, 2009 09:48AM
Oct 29, 2009 09:58AM
Oct 29, 2009 10:08AM
Oct 29, 2009 10:18AM
Oct 29, 2009 02:17PM
Oct 29, 2009 03:43PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply