Free
Message: Re: Fluoroborate Salts.... the new "Salt of the Earth" as applied to Lithium battery electrolytes?

Okido,  Thanks for the indepth article.  I think a lot of it must have come from the MSM (Main Stream Media).  It appears to be chocked full of inaccuracies.  The kind written by marketing departments.

1.  Lithium Titinate batteries are one of the lower energy density batteries on the market which means they have to take up more realestate to get the job done.  Where they shine is Power.  They discharge very quickly and are known for their power which is different from energy.  They will recharge very fast ie 10 minutes with no problem.  They also have a larger charge cycle life 10,000.

2.  LFP is the middle of the road battery cell, decent energy, decent cycle life.  Charge rate is lower than either Lithium titinate or NMC.  From where I sit, I see this cell used for more applications.

3.  NMC has higher energy density than either of the other two.  It has a fairly fast charge rate with decent power/energy balance.  Why you don't see a lot of manufacturere making this cell is they can't handle the heat.  NMC runs warmer, charges warmer and only cell manufacturere with a ceramic seperator can handle the heat.  One manufacturer has figured out the secret to getting the cycle life up on their NMC cell.  9000, almost as many as the Lithium Titinate, but with a lot more energy.  Cycle life is a result of side reactions inside the cell (parasidic reactions).  Reducing these side reactions results in longer cycle life.  One manufacturer with a good ceramic seperator has figured out that if you cure the cell at a higher temperature before sealing it, you drive off more moisture than your competition can.  The result is more cycle life.

Now that I have told you this I must Kill you!!!

https://electrovaya.com/technology/#cycle-life

Delete this message after you read it.  Burn any hard copies!!

New Message
Please login to post a reply