Free
Message: Re: Fluoroborate Salts.... the new "Salt of the Earth" as applied to Lithium battery electrolytes?

I am not sure how to respond to your post, Pavel.  I will do my best.

My point was entirely focused on the issue of safety as that pertains to the tendency of a particular type of lithium ion battery to undergo thermal runaway and ultimately explode and/or catch fire.  My documentation that I provided in my post supported, at least in my own mind, the proposition that the greater amount of Cobalt that is incorporated into Lithium Ion batteries the greater will be the Power Density OR the Energy Density ( you can't have both increase in the same Lithium Ion battery so manufacturers and researchers have to choose one over the other ) and in either case the propensity toward TR, Thermal Runaway, is increased.

The Boeing 787 Dreamliner, in my opinion, was a perfect illustration of the point I was trying to make.  I included an industry reference from the Cobalt industry as a counter argument in an attempt to be "fair", but the bias shoud be patently clear to any unbiased observer that the Cobalt industry piece was more in line with a PR than factual.

My thinking in replying to your statements about battery safety was that other investors of LAC might have at least a small, if not a significant, interest in the question of Lithium Ion battery safety as it pertains to the security of their investment in LAC.  I attempted to show that Safety, as it applies to Lithium Ion batteries is a complex issue and that it is most important for those examining that issue to distinguish clearly between the different types of Lithium Ion batteries since there is a tremendous spectrum of Dangerous all the way to Extremely Safe when you examine the entire panoply provided by all combinations of Lithium Ion battery chemistries.

Getting into alternative topics, such as your "Dark Side", seem to only obfuscate what otherwise should be a focused discussion of interest to all members of this Hub since the discussion of subjects such as your "Dark Side" has no definitive bearing on their investment security in a lithium mining company. 

I don't find pursuing someone's personal grudge against Elon Musk, on the other hand, as a subject that particularly provides the same level of interest here as does the issue of Lithium Ion battery safety.  If I am wrong about that second part, then I have no doubt the other members here will speak up in support of your personal vindetta against Mr. Musk. 

Personally, I hope it is a matter that will rarely be brought up again on this forum, but I yield to the interest of the majority.

Now, our focus should momentarily shift to "Dancing with the Du" since she will render her Papal Bull in the next hour, local time here now in Reno/Sparks is:  8:25 AM.  Court at 9 AM.

Okiedo

New Message
Please login to post a reply