Free
Message: Re: Fluoroborate Salts.... the new "Salt of the Earth" as applied to Lithium battery electrolytes?

Okiedo,

Honestly, I am not too sure about that. Some time ago, I was following a debate about NMC chemistry and how Musk cheats the battery to get high energy density while reducing content of cobalt, which is the most expensive component at the moment (hopefully Lithium will catch up). I just remember that, because it was labelled as another trick of industrial guru. And then for Model 3, Musk has tried the “lithium-ferum-phosphate” at least in China they do. 

Here is what the “dark side” of myself thinks about that:
“…Since I don’t invest into Tesla any more, I don’t really care what an OEM puts inside the car battery as long as those 60kg of Lithium will be present. Would the Tesla car burn down because of risky battery chemistry used? Great! It means that that another EV battery has to be made. Tesla fanboys are famous for loving the brand till their death and beyond, so they gonna buy again…”

Of course that I (the “not-so-dark” side here) do not agree with the statement about, but as you can see, I don’t have always full control….

New Message
Please login to post a reply