Mosaic ImmunoEngineering is a nanotechnology-based immunotherapy company developing therapeutics and vaccines to positively impact the lives of patients and their families.

Free
Message: Manor27: You can show me all the grafts, charts, and give me all excuses you wan
Oct 26, 2007 08:09PM
Oct 27, 2007 07:55AM
Oct 27, 2007 11:06AM

We,ve got $20,000,000, what are you going to buy with that. Our chief engineer Fish is no longer on board. We no longer have R&D going on, we don't manufacture anything, nor do we sell anything.

Perhaps we should pretend we are something we are not? We are an IP company period. We have a fabulously valuable patent portfolio we are defending in TX. That is what we have, and that is what we are, now. If we win in texas we will be very profitable because we will have vertually no overhead. All the major expenses will be dehind us. We will adapt when we have to. We are correct in not making promises we might not be able to keep. There is integrity in that, and also SEC regulations. So, what are we suppose to do?

It is as simple as that.

Exactly, That sums it up - it IS as simple as that

Just what type of infrastructure, employees, Capital Equipment, Inventory, ect does anyone think $20M is going to buy? That's a chunk of change to the Joe-6-Pak investor, but that's a laughable amount if you're SERIOUSLY shopping - If a company is looking to be acquired and you have $20M to wave in front of them, You won't get anything of any quality to build upon.

But fine, let's just say I'm FOS, and Patriot can get something.

After you do that (buy something), you have que time to consolidate/reorganize people, establish direction, settle internal politics, re-tool....Recurring expenses (salaries) still have to be met - then you're STILL at day zero in the R&D path that needs to be travelled.

And you're burning money in the meantime.

Speaking of R&D, consider how much expense will be burnt up there, once you get moving?... How much will be based on a variety of things, including window of opportunity for the product you want out there, existing and new headcount, tools in place vs needing to be purchased, leadtimes for additional equipment, paid salaries during non-production times, etc...

And you're burning money in the meantime.

We havent even addressed things like Marketing/Sales Expenses, infrastructure to handing Manufacturing (wherever it may be), Distribution, etc....

BTW, monthly expense for just overhead (not including slaries) is a given....

IMO if this company wants to be taken seriously, (and assuming it wants to REMAIN in the drivers seat, it needs 1) $200-$250M cash to START, 2) a defined, sustainable income stream to finance R@D 3) A defined business plan (which can ONLY be established after it acquires what it can afford 4) A recognizable, proven Industry name 4) a Bona-Fide, solid Marketing effort led by a known name, or at least a proven record for the type of plan needed to be effective.

And even then, you'll probably need some contingencies set up I.E.bridge Financing. IMO Swartz should NOT be considered an option, but to be kept at arms length, at a minimum...

Oh Gee, we haven't even addresses the bloated share count issue yet....want to throw a figure out there to SOLVE the issue, in more than just a symbolic manner.

As a matter of fact No one mentioned whether Johnson was at the last meeting - if he was I'd find a way to make him history, as to not impede progress moving forward (assuming we get a WIN in couts)

Yes, it IS as simple as that. Any other alternative is just laughable, and sends the company forward with too heavy a burden and at a distinct disadvantage, IMO.

(BTW, that $200-250M I dreamed up is my opinion of what's needed to start, including initial investment (buying whatever) and up-front infrastructure costs)

Regards

Oct 27, 2007 02:46PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply